Swing du suête reception
Swing du suête visit 3/15/18 through 3/17/18
The Young Tradition Touring Group was hosted by La Swing du Suête when the Vermont group performed its final concert with them in Chéticamp, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia in late April 2017. Now it’s the Touring Group’s turn to host them!
They initially came together in 1997 for the first annual Cape Breton Dance Festival in Chéticamp. Over the last twenty-plus years, La Swing du Suête has presented itself across the Maritime provinces as well as in Quebec, Alberta and Louisiana, USA. Under the artistic direction of Christine Doucet and Sylvie Aucoin, the troupe enchants audiences with their choreography, their dance steps, and particularly their charm. The troupe is comprised of dancers ranging in age from 10 to 17 all students at École NDA in Chéticamp. They are frequently featured during Celtic Colours, the renowned annual autumn festival on Cape Breton Island.
The group will arrive in Vermont on 3/14/18, and do a variety of school performances, some site seeing, a reception and finish with an appearance with Altan on 3/17 at the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts. More details about their itinerary below.
* Note that school visits are for students, staff and others from that school’s community. They are not public events.
Thursday 3/15 …..
- *9:30am to 10am Edmunds Elementary School in Burlington
- *1:30pm to 2:15pm Milton Middle/High School in Milton
- 4:30pm to 5:30pm social time with members of the Young Tradition Touring Group and others at the Burlington Violin Shop
- 6pm to about 7:30pm Sophie & Fiachra concert at the Burlington Violin Shop
- *8:45am to 9:30am Founders Elementary School in Essex
- *2:15pm to 2:45pm Integrated Arts Academy in Burlington
- 7:30pm+ one dance during Altan concert at the Flynn Center in Burlington